Rents are still sky high in the Mile High City. But is now a good time to buy a home in the Denver Metro Area? Actually, the number of condos and homes up for sale in the Denver Metro Area went up by two thirds from May to June 2022. The Denver Metro Association of Realtors reports that the number of properties available just grew by nearly twice from a year ago.
This improved inventory is great for potential homebuyers, but interest rates are driving up the cost of buying. However, inventory goes fast. On average, listings are on the market for only 10 days. The wise homebuyer will be pre-qualified and ready to make an offer.
This is another important fact to consider if you’re thinking of buying instead of renting. June 2022 was the fifth straight month that rents have increased in the Denver Metro Area, with the median rents for a one bedroom going for $1,427 a month.
If you decide to make the move and buy a condo, townhome, home or retirement property in the Denver area, a word to the wise: be sure to hire a reputable moving company to move your possessions. There are a lot of fly-by-night moving companies that try to gouge homebuyers and renters. Here are some tips for choosing the right mover in the Denver Metro Area.
1. Make sure they have an actual brick-and-mortar facility and not just a PO Box.
2. Check out social media review sites like Google. Look at what past clients have to say about their services. Don’t be afraid to ask the moving company for referrals.
3. Check out the moving company’s ratings with the Better Business Bureau.
4. How long has the moving company been in business? You want to use the services of a company that’s been around for a long time.
5. Ask if the company uses actual employees or contractors for moving services. It’s better to use a company that owns its own fleet of vehicles and has long-term employees.
6. Does the company do thorough background checks on their employees? Are they drug and alcohol tested? You want to be sure you can trust your possessions with your movers.
7. A reputable moving company will never ask you to pay up front. Be sure to get a written estimate and understand the protective coverage they offer. You may need to purchase additional coverage or talk to your homeowners insurance company.
Talk To Moving Expert In Denver
Cowboy Moving and Storage has been helping Coloradans with their residential and commercial moving needs since 1968. It’s family owned and operated, and most employees have been with the company for more than 11 years. Each team member is drug and alcohol tested and has passed a background check. Cowboy Moving & Storage has a state of the art storage facility and has the newest line of trucks and vans in Denver. You can trust your Colorado move to Cowboy Moving & Storage