Are you moving to a new home in Colorado? Moving is never easy, and packing up your entire household can be challenging. Some items are much more difficult to pack than others, depending on their fragility, size, shape and value. And if you don’t pack these items well, they have the potential to actually cause damage. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Denver put together this list of items that are the more difficult to pack.
1. Delicate items like glassware, china, porcelain, and artwork require careful wrapping and padding to prevent breakage during the move. Specialized packing materials such as bubble wrap, packing paper and foam are often needed.
2. Electronics like TVs, gaming consoles and computers can be challenging to pack because of their sensitive components. It’s important to label and properly pack cables and accessories to ensure everything can be reassembled correctly.
3. Bulky and heavy furniture items like dining tables, sofas and mattresses can be challenging to move and require proper disassembly, padding and wrapping.
4. Items that are awkwardly shaped, such as musical instruments, sports equipment and decor can be tough to pack efficiently and provide the protection they need.
5. Valuable items like family heirlooms, jewelry and important documents require extra security and attention. These items should be packed in a way that deters theft and protects them from damage.
6. Moving living plants isn’t easy. They’re sensitive to changes in temperature and light. Many moving companies won’t move plants, so you might need to put them in your vehicle or sell or give them away befor
e you move.
7. Hazardous materials like cleaning supplies, paints and other chemicals are restricted and can’t be packed with your regular items due to safety concerns.
8. Packing perishable food items can be problematic, especially if you are moving a long distance, due to the risk of spoilage and attracting pests.
9. Valuable or delicate collectibles, heirlooms and antiques need special care and attention. You might need custom crates or special tools for handling to ensure they're protected during transit.
10. Clothing may not be difficult to pack, but it can be cumbersome due to the sheer volume. If you have expensive or delicate garments, you might want to pack them separately in order to prevent damage.
11. Packing kitchen items like pots, pans and small appliances can be tricky because they can easily break. It takes a lot of time to cushion them properly when packing.
12. Heavy tools and equipment can pose packing challenges due to their weight and potential for damage. You need to pack these with care and make sure they can’t move around during the move.
The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage also emphasize the importance of planning ahead. You need to provide yourself with plenty of time to get everything packed, or you could be stressed on moving day.
It’s also important to use the right packing materials and label everything so you know which boxes belong in which room of your new home.
Sound overwhelming? Luckily, Cowboy Moving & Storage offers expert packing services, so you don’t have to do it yourself. That way you know your items will be packed properly, stacked in the moving van correctly and arrive in one piece. Give Cowboy Moving & Storage a call today at 303-789-2200.