Tips For Moving In The Spring
Moving to a new home or business location involves a lot of details, decisions and effort, no matter time of year. But if you’re planning on moving in the Spring, there are some additional considerations to keep in mind. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Englewood, CO put together this list of tips to make your move go a little easier and a lot more smoothly.
1. Spring is a popular time to move. Lots of people put their homes on the market during the Spring in Colorado so it’s important to book your move as soon as you can. If you can move during the week instead of the weekend, that can help and can usually save you some money, too.
2. Pay attention to the weather. As you know, Springtime in Colorado can mean snowstorms, rainy weather, high winds and plenty of sunshine. Sometimes all in the same day! Weather reports can change quickly, so be sure to pay attention to your local forecast. You want to be prepared for the weather on your big moving day.
3. Talk to your neighbors about the need to get your moving truck as close to your door as possible. You might even invest in a few traffic cones to save space for the moving van or truck the night before your move. You don’t want your movers to have to walk further than they have to.
4. You’ll want to protect your possessions from pollen if you’re moving in the Spring. All the local blooming plants are beautiful, but you don’t want pollen tracked into your home or collecting on boxes and furniture. Make sure your boxes are sealed before they are moved to the truck. Make sure your furniture is covered. And remove your shoes as you enter the new space so you don’t track in pollen on your carpeting.
5. Do your Spring cleaning before your move. Get rid of any unwanted items before the movers arrive. Why pay to move things you no longer use, want or need?
6. Take breaks during your move. Colorado’s weather heats up in the Spring, so you want to be sure to stay hydrated. When you’re moving, it’s easy to forget to take the time to get the job done.
Talk To The Moving Experts in Colorado
If you’re planning on moving in Colorado this Spring, make sure you choose a reputable, trusted mover. There are lots of unscrupulous moving companies out there. Many will try to make you pay in advance, or give you a low bid and then tack on extra fees. Cowboy Moving & Storage has been helping Coloradans move since 1968. Unlike many movers, they never use subcontractors or day laborers. And every team member is drug and alcohol tested and background checked, so you can move with confidence. They have more than 2,100 five-star reviews on ReviewBuzz, and are considered “The Recommended Mover” in Colorado. Talk to Cowboy Moving & Storage today at 303-789-2200.