Best Kept Tips For Packing When You’re Moving
A lot of people prefer to pack themselves when they are moving, instead of hiring a moving company to do the packing. While it’s a lot of work, it can also save money. However, you want to make sure you pack your belongings in the right way in order to avoid injuries and breakage. You also want to pack in a way that makes it easy to unpack once you’re at your new home. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Denver put together this list of packing tips to help you have a successful move.
1. Label your boxes well. Put what’s in each box and which room it goes to. This will make your unpacking process much easier.
2. Choose your boxes wisely. The heavier the item, the smaller the box should be. It’s easier to carry heavier items if they are packed in a smaller box. Save big boxes for lighter items that are harder to carry on their own. Don’t overpack your boxes. Your back will thank you.
3. Pack boxes by the room they go in. Try not to mix items from different rooms in the same box. It will make unpacking much easier.
4. Pack before your move. You do not want to be packing on moving day. This includes removing all artwork from walls and wrapping them for the move before moving day.
Tips For Moving Day
1. Tell your movers which boxes need to be unloaded first in your new home. They can load those boxes last so you’ll have the important items you need right away.
2. Keep your most valuable items with you. Don’t pack jewelry, prescription medications, cash, musical instruments, expensive antiques or other important items.
3. Be ready for your movers. Know where they can park their truck, how they can best access your home and if there are limitations on how long the truck can be parked there. Understand the “hours of moving” if you are moving into a condo, apartment or townhouse.
4. Have your furniture ready to move. That means you should remove all breakable and heavy items from desks and dressers. If there is furniture you need to disassemble, do so before moving day OR inform your movers that they will need to disassemble some furniture.
Talk To Cowboy Moving & Storage
Not sure that you want to pack up your own belongings? Need some advice about moving heavy or valuable possessions like antiques, pianos and oversized artwork? The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage are here to help. Their state-of-the-industry storage facility is located in Englewood, so if you need to store any items, you can! They have the newest moving fleet in Colorado, so you don’t have to worry about your moving van or truck breaking down. And Cowboy Moving & Storage tests all employees for drugs and alcohol, and does thorough background checks so you can trust your valuable possessions with them. For more information contact 303-789-2200 or cowboymoving.com.