Protect Your Fragile Items During a Move
Whether you’re moving down the street or across the state, you want to make sure your fragile items arrive in perfect shape. The moving specialists at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Denver CO put together this step-by-step guide to help you pack and protect your fragile items.
• Gather the necessary supplies: You'll need sturdy moving boxes in various sizes, packing paper, bubble wrap, packing tape, a marker and scissors.
• Prepare your box: Reinforce the bottom with packing tape to provide extra strength. You might consider using double-walled boxes for added protection.
• Wrap individual items: Begin by wrapping each fragile item separately. Start with a layer of packing paper or bubble wrap to provide cushioning. For delicate items, consider using several layers or wrapping them multiple times. Secure the wrapping with tape.
• Line the bottom of the box with crumpled packing paper or bubble wrap to create a cushioning layer. This will help absorb any shocks or impacts during transportation.
• Place the wrapped fragile items upright in the box, leaving enough space between them. Fill gaps with additional packing paper or bubble wrap to prevent shifting.
• If you‘ve got multiple layers of fragile items, place a layer of padding, (cardboard or foam sheets) between them. This will provide extra protection and prevent items from coming into contact with each other.
• Once the box is full, add a final layer of padding on top of the fragile items to secure them. Close the box securely and seal it with packing tape. Use an "X" method to reinforce the tape for added strength.
• Label your box by clearly marking it as "Fragile" using a permanent marker. List the contents or the room for the box.
• Repeat these steps for every fragile item you need to pack. Be sure to pack highly delicate or valuable items in a separate box and transport them personally, if possible.
Talk To An Expert
It takes a lot of time to prepare for a move and pack your belongings. However, a professional moving company like Cowboy Moving & Storage can help! They can pack all or just part of your belongings, as well as transport and unload them. You can even choose to have the moving company experts unpack your belongings. Cowboy Moving & Storage has helped Coloradans move to their new homes since 1968. Family owned and operated, Cowboy Moving & Storage has more than 2,500 five-star reviews on sites like Review Buzz. Call today at 303-789-2200.