Moving to a new place is so exciting. It’s a chance to update and rearrange your personal space. One question that’s important to ask if whether you need to replace the carpeting in your place before moving in. The team at Cowboy Moving & Storage has 55 years of experience moving Coloradans to their new homes or offices. Our moving experts put together this list of things to consider when deciding whether or not to install new carpeting or even put in new tile or hardwood flooring BEFORE your move.
1. Condition of the carpet: Be sure to evaluate the condition of the carpet to determine if it needs to be replaced. If the carpet is in good condition and has been well-maintained, it may not be necessary to replace it. You might just want to have it thoroughly cleaned by a professional cleaning service a day or two before your move.
2. Health concerns: If you or anyone in your family has allergies or respiratory issues, it’s probably a good idea to replace the carpet to eliminate any potential allergens or irritants.
3. Previous occupants: If the previous occupants had pets or young children, there may be stains or odors on the carpet that can’t be fully removed with cleaning. In this case, replacing the carpet may be necessary. Just remember, you might think you can “live with” a significant stain, but it will probably end up driving you crazy every time you pass that spot.
4. Personal preference: If you simply don't like the color or style of the carpet, or prefer a different type of flooring, then you may want to replace it.
5. Budget: Replacing carpet can be a significant expense, so consider your budget and whether it's a necessary expense at this time.
6. Convenience: It’s harder to replace carpeting or flooring once you’ve moved in. If you’ve decided you need to change the carpeting or flooring, try to do it before the move.
If you do decide to change the carpeting or flooring before your move, just make sure you choose a reputable, experienced moving company for your move, Like Cowboy Moving & Storage in Colorado. We have the equipment and tools to protect your new floor covering during the move, so it will look brand new when we’re through.
Cowboy Moving & Storage is THE Recommended Mover in Colorado, with 55 years of experience providing Coloradoans with professional residential and commercial moving services. We’ve got 2,200 five-star ratings with ReviewBuzz, too. No matter where you are moving in Colorado, we’d love to help you with your next move. Just call 303-789-2200.