Deciding whether to sell your furniture before you move or not depends on several factors. Will it cost more to move your heavy furniture than it’s worth? Here are some considerations to help you make an informed decision:
1. Cost-effectiveness: Consider the cost of moving your furniture versus the value of the items themselves. If the cost of moving is high and the furniture has depreciated significantly or isn’t in great shape, selling it may be more cost-effective.
2. Will your current furniture will fit in your new home? If the new space is smaller or has a different layout, some furniture might not work in your new place. Selling them before the move could save you the hassle of transporting and storing items that won't be used.
3. You might want to refresh your living space and update your furniture when you move into your new home. If you're ready for a new look or have been considering upgrading your furnishings, selling your current furniture and purchasing new pieces once you’ve arrived can be a good choice.
4. Does some of your furniture have sentimental value? If certain pieces mean a lot to you, it’s worth moving them.
5. Moving can be a time-sensitive process. If you're short on time and need to streamline the moving process, selling your furniture can help make the transition easier.
6. Look at online sites where people sell their belongings and see what your furniture is worth. That might help you decide whether or not to sell it.
Ultimately, the decision to sell your furniture before moving depends on your specific circumstances and priorities. Consider the financial implications and practicality of moving all of your furniture. You can also ask a professional mover for two different quotes: one that includes all of your furniture and one that doesn’t include the items you might not want to move.
The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage can help with all of your in-state moving needs. We’re happy to provide advice, free quotes and excellent service from start to finish. Call 303-789-2200 today and let Cowboy Moving & Storage help!