9 Tips For Living To A New Office Space
There’s only one thing more complicated than moving to a new home, and that’s moving to a new office! Whether you’re a small company with five employees or a large corporation with 500 team members, there’s a lot to move, like big, bulky furniture, difficult-to-pack electronics, personal workspace items, plants and more. Furthermore, it usually has to happen quickly since you can’t shut down office operations for a week to sort things out! The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Englewood have put together this list of 9 tips to help make your commercial move easier and less stressful.
1. Start planning early. You just can’t “wing it” when you’re moving from one office to another. You’ll need to create a budget and a timeline, as well as a list of who will be doing what. You’ll also need to create a blueprint to figure out office and common space layouts. It usually takes a few months to plan an office relocation and even a few months to get everything set up and ready to go.
2. Name a Moving Manager. Yes, it’s important to delegate moving tasks, but someone has to be in charge. Oftentimes companies have an administrative assistant in charge of a move, or someone who has past experience with a commercial relocation.
3. Choose the right moving company. You’ll want to get several bids from full service moving companies. They can do the packing, loading, unloading and even unpacking for you. Have each company representative come to your office to see the scope of work. You want to choose a company that does background screening and drug and alcohol testing, like Cowboy Moving & Storage in Englewood. You don’t want to trust your valuable office possessions to just anyone.
4. Have everyone pack up their own desk. Provide a timeline for them, as well as the appropriate packing materials they will need. Your moving company should be able to provide that.
5. Create a plan for moving your IT equipment. Have your IT department draft a plan for transferring all the technical equipment, including computers, servers and phones and data and internet plans.
6. Talk to the building managers at your current and new office. Find out all the rules about relocating, like if you can move during business hours, accessing the service elevator and more.
7. Start updating documents with your new address and place orders for new business cards, letterhead, envelopes, return labels and more. Notify your clients, especially if they regularly ship things to you.
8. Make sure all the boxes are labeled clearly so they end up in the right place. The less pandemonium while unpacking, the better.
9. Celebrate when the move is completed! It’s an exciting time for your company. You might even want to host an Open House for your clients, suppliers, potential clients and even employees and their families!
Talk to Cowboy Moving & Storage
If you’re planning a commercial move in 2020, be sure to talk to the moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage. They’ve helped thousands of Coloradans move their offices and homes since 1968. Family owned and operated Cowboy Moving & Storage offers full service moving and storage services, with the newest fleet and state-of-the-industry storage facilities in Englewood, CO. Call today and you won’t have to deal with an impersonal answering service. One of our moving experts will answer the phone and help you with all of your moving needs.