How To Keep Your Home Clean And Organized After a Move
Moving to a new home is so exciting. Whether you’re moving to a high rise in LoDo, a townhome in Stapleton, a condo in Boulder, a starter home in Louisville or a patio home in Greeley, it can take a while to finish unpacking and get settled. Sometimes it will feel like you’ll never be through unpacking!
Moving to a new home also gives you an opportunity to declutter, reorganize and start new habits. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage, the #1 Mover in Colorado, have put together this tried-and-true list that can help you keep your new home clean and organized.
1. Start small. If you are generally a bit messy, it could be tough for you to embrace a more organized lifestyle. That’s why it’s important to adopt simple habits first. Don’t try to clean your whole house at once. Start by washing the dishes after every meal every time. Gradually implement other changes.
2. Begin at the front door. Start taking off your shoes every time your enter your home and leave them in a designated area at the front door. Create a shoe area in the closet next to your entry.
3. Reduce clutter one room at a time. Throw away, sell or give away items your haven’t used in more than a year. Reducing clutter is one of the easiest ways to create space and positive energy in your home.
4. Start early. Make your bed every morning. It will make your personal sanctuary feel more relaxing and inspiring.
5. Wash regularly. Bed covers, pillowcases, drapes and carpets collect dust and allergens in your home. Be sure to wash and deep clean your fabrics, carpets, rugs and other materials on a regular basis. Have carpets professionally cleaned at least twice a year.
6. Put it away! Put items away immediately after using them. This, too, will create a less cluttered environment. Invest in storage items so everything has its place.
7. Clean as you go. Before you go to bed at night or leave a room, pay attention. Fold the blanket, remove dirty dishes, clean countertops as you go. It will reduce the amount of time you’ll have to spend on deep cleaning and create a positive space for you.
8. Keep some boxes from your move. Create three different labels: Donate, Sell and Store. As you unpack, don’t put items in your home that haven’t been used frequently. If you sort your belongings either before you move or afterward, you can eliminate or drastically reduce clutter. This can help you manage your new home and keep it cleaner and more appealing.
Cowboy Moving & Storage is The Recommended Mover in Colorado
Whether you’re moving to a new home, putting items in storage or even remodeling a room and need a place to temporarily store your appliances, Cowboy Moving & Storage is the best moving resource for you. Unlike most moving companies, they don’t use contract labor. Every team member is an employee that has been drug and alcohol tested and thoroughly vetted, so you can trust your belongings with them. It’s the only Colorado moving company with more than 2,100 five-star reviews on social media sites like ReviewBuzz! Talk to the moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage today.