Six Tips For Moving During The Summer Months
Are you planning to move to a new home in Colorado this summer? If so, did you know that the summer months are the most popular time for people to move in Colorado? Moving during the peak season isn’t as easy as you might think. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage put together these tips to make your summer move as easy as possible.
• Hire professional movers as soon as possible. Whether you are packing yourself or having movers pack and move you, you need to plan ahead as soon as possible, because movers are in demand during the summer months. The last thing you want is to have to use some shifty, fly-by-night mover because all of the reputable ones are booked up.
• It costs less to move on a weekday instead of a weekend. Weekends are more in demand.
• Get quotes from at least three moving companies. Most of the time you can get an estimate over the phone. The estimates should be very similar because rates are regulated. If you get an extremely low bid, beware. Chances are you’ll get some surprise charges during your move. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
• Create a detailed moving schedule that covers 3-4 weeks before the move to the actual timetable for moving day. The more organized you are, the less stressful your move will be.
• Stay hydrated. It’s a good idea to have lots of water on hand for you and your family, friends who are helping you and your professional movers.
• Be careful when you pack. Yes, you can pack yourself instead of using packers. But by the time you buy boxes, clean wrapping paper and spend days and days packing, it might actually be cheaper to have a professional pack you. They know how to weight boxes, minimize breakage and load the truck.
• Wear the right clothing. Avoid synthetic fabrics that don’t breath and hold heat. Wear white or light colors, as dark colors actually attract more sunlight.
• Apply lots of sunscreen, and make sure it’s waterproof as you will most likely be sweating.
• Choose the right mover. Many moving companies use day labor or contract labor to move their clients. Cowboy Moving & Storage has its own team of moving professionals. They have all been drug and alcohol tested, and background checked. You can trust them with your valuable possessions. Be sure to check out online reviews like ReviewBuzz, to see if the moving company has happy customers. Cowboy Moving & Storage has more than 2,200 five-star reviews!
For a hassle free, headache-free move, contact the moving professionals at Cowboy Moving & Storage. For your free estimate today! Call 303-789-2200