Are getting ready to move? Are you using a mover or packing some or all things yourself? Many people like to pack up their fragile items themselves, which is understandable. They usually have sentimental value or are very valuable. The moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage in Denver CO put together these tips for packing fragile items before you move.
1. Be prepared. It takes time to pack up valuable crystal, porcelain and other breakables and you don’t want to pack fragile items in a hurry. Start packing fragile items well before moving day.
2. Make sure you have the right tools. You’ll need quality, sturdy boxes in a variety of sizes, packing paper, bubble wrap, pliable cardboard, scissors and packing tape. You’ll want to work on a large table or flat surface. You might even need an extra pair of hands to wrap large or unwieldy fragile items.
3. Label everything as FRAGILE. This will remind you, your family, your friends or your movers to be careful while handling those boxes.
4. Research how to pack specific fragile items. You pack a flat-screen TV very differently from your grandmother’s china. In all likelihood, you can find great specific information online. You can purchase moving boxes specifically for flat screen TVs and other electronic devices.
5. Pack plates vertically with crumbled paper on the bottom and top. Wrap each plate individually with paper and secure with packing tape. Don’t overpack the box. You can also purchase dish packs from moving companies like Cowboy Moving & Storage.
6. Wrap glassware individually. Use packing paper and place crumpled paper inside the large pieces. Layer spaces around the glasses with paper as well. Try to make sure you minimize the possibility of items moving around inside a box. Put the heaviest items on the bottom of the box with lighter pieces on top of them.
7. Don’t use old towels, small blankets, newsprint or paper towels to pack your fragile items. Invest in the right materials to secure your valuables correctly.
8. When in doubt, have your moving company pack your fragile belongings.
Use a Moving Expert in Denver
No matter where you are moving in Colorado, talk to the moving experts at Cowboy Moving & Storage. They are the #1 Recommended Mover in the state of Colorado. Family-owned and operated since 1968, Cowboy Moving & Storage has helped thousands of families with their moves. They have more than 2,300 five-star reviews on ReviewBuzz and excellent ratings with the Better Business Bureau. Don’t trust your belongings to just anyone. You can get a free estimate by calling 303-789-2200 today.